December 09, 2011

Mam Photo Ramba

(Just means "my pictures")
I have some time before I catch my bus to download photos for you all. Sadly I don't have any of my birthday fete in village (we ate a whole sheep!) because my camera died and I couldn't find the cord to charge it. Here are some of the best of the last few months (Tabaski, mid-service conference, and thanksgiving).

Feli carrying arround her baby sister
Somira and Talato (her aunt) preparing food for Tabaski 

Dressed up in his best clothes for the fete



Me dressed up for Tabaski (Blurry.Oh well.)


The exodus after Tabaski prayers (over 1000 people)

Selling cabbage on Tabaski
(one of the few people at market, no one works: kind of like Christmas!)

Neighbor beggar kid who wanted this picture to send to his family

Henna tatoos I got done for my birthday

Bunched in the taxi on the way to birthday dinner

Some of the group

More friends who were there

Don't I feel special

Someone's being funny :)

This is how you make thanksgiving mashed potatoes in Burkina.
(Cindy at the transit house)

Someone else's third thanksgiving plate.
(I waited to take pictures of food until I had finished eating, first things first :)

Founders of the feast, Shannon and Darren

The "hat game"

Thanks to whoever stole my camera to take this ;) The charades part of the game.

And we ended with... arm wrestling?!